Skip to Content

Answering Questions on Custody and Parenting Time In The Most Straightforward Manner


When it comes to custody and parenting time, you may have a lot of questions. In this article, we have provided you with some information that may help you get through the process of custody and parenting time. How do you get the best kind of time for your children? Let us provide you with the most straightforward answers to your questions. 

family at a kitchen

What is a custodial parent?

A custodial parent is a parent who has the child living with him or her. He or she is given the responsibility to have the primary care, custody, and responsibility for the child. He is the parent to whom the courts have approved of to provide for and care for the child. 

Generally, there is only one custodial parent that has the physical custody of the child, it is often parenting time as well the legal custody that is shared by both parents. 

Is the division always fair?

Even if you are granted equal custody, the division of the custody is not always fair. There are different kinds of custody arrangements and it is the court that must decide on what type of custody will be ordered.

You need to make sure that you can at least get the best kind of custody time and the one that fits your required time for your children. This is where our team of experts at Haque Legal can help you out. 

You can have the best kind of experience with what we can offer you and we always make sure that you will have the fairest division of time to spend with your children. 

Who is the non-custodial parent?

By definition, the non-custodial parent is the parent who does not have the child living with him or her most of the time.

What is parenting time?

Parenting time is the time the non-custodial parent spends with the child.

What if the schedule of the parenting time is not followed by the ex-spouse?

If the parenting time is not followed by your ex-spouse, you should contact us and provide the best kind of information you can. We will contact the friend of the court and request that the enforcement of your parenting time order be addressed by the court or we will file a motion and ask the court to enforce the parenting time order.

What can the court do if the schedule of the parenting time is not followed by the ex-spouse?

After filing the motion, either by you, your lawyer, or by the friend of the Court, possible enforcement actions would be to make up parenting time, a civil hearing for contempt of your ex-spouse, as well as the modification of the existing parenting time and the custody provisions that may need revisiting.

What if it is the other parent that refuses to see the child?

While custody and parenting time may be granted, the court or the friend of the court cannot force the parent to see his or her child. It is only the parent that must show that he or she wants to see the child.

What if the other parent refuses to return the child?

If your ex-spouse or the other parent refuses to return the child, you may contact the police or the prosecuting attorney. You may file a parental kidnapping charge. This will be discussed in another article.

Haque Legal is Here To Help

We have been around. We have handled hundreds of cases on family law, custody battles, and parenting. We can help you fight for your rights and work your way around getting that parenting time that you deserve. Haque Legal is here. You can find that the best kind of experience for you is to hire our law firm.

Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation we tell you everything that you need to know about your divorce or custody case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with it.

The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have concerns about your divorce or custody case and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it, especially in terms of the expenses.

Let Haque Legal Help You With Your Case

If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs. 

Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and the full extent of justice will be used.


The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.

Let us help you out

If you need a Southfield family lawyer to help you during your proceedings, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.

The post Answering Questions on Custody and Parenting Time In The Most Straightforward Manner appeared first on Haque Legal.

Share To:


Contact Our Legal Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy