DEARBORN FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS
Compassionate, Results-Oriented Legal Representation in Dearborn, Michigan
When a dispute arises between family members, it can be difficult to know how to proceed. No one wants to take legal action against a spouse, ex-spouse, or family member, but sometimes, legal action is unavoidable. It is in your best interest to hire seasoned legal professionals who are committed to protecting your rights and achieving the best possible outcome while recognizing the sensitivity of the situation. At Haque Legal, our Dearborn family law attorneys have extensive experience in guiding clients through these complex matters with empathy and understanding.
We strive to provide tailored solutions that help our clients secure optimal resolutions in matters involving:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Separation of assets
- And more
We are always sensitive to the delicate nature of these cases and have obtained favorable outcomes for hundreds of families. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling (248) 988-9625 or contacting us online today. Se habla español.
$1,300,000 Insurance Benefits
The client lost control of their vehicle and crashed into a tree. As a result, they suffered a traumatic brain injury, herniated discs, lost wages, attendant care, replacement services, and ongoing case management.
$1,000,000 Personal Injury
The client suffered a brain injury, spinal disc injuries requiring surgery, knee replacement, severe and permanent disfigurement.
$650,000 Car Accident
A hit-and-run driver rear-ended the client. The client needed two spinal surgeries, post-operative physical therapy, injections, lost wages, and attendant care.
WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU AVOID A COURT BATTLE
Going to court can quickly become uncomfortable for everyone involved, especially when the stakes are so high. Litigation can quickly get ugly, with individuals saying cruel things that do significant damage to a family. We recognize that you may want to avoid a trial whenever possible, and to that end, our Dearborn family law attorneys can help you explore other forms of conflict resolution.
We are familiar with many trial alternatives, including:
- Alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution, or “ADR,” is an increasingly popular option for resolving family law disputes without lengthy court proceedings. Parties may voluntarily elect to try ADR in lieu of litigation, or a judge may order the parties to try to resolve the conflict through this process. This type of dispute resolution frequently utilizes mediation overseen by a neutral third party, giving both parties the opportunity to voice their concerns and negotiate terms that are agreeable to both sides. Working with a qualified lawyer can ensure your rights, interests, and wishes are represented throughout the process.
- Collaborative law. Collaborative law is a relatively new approach to divorce proceedings in Michigan. It involves forming a team of professional experts, such as members of our team at Haque Legal, who work with the couple to navigate the most difficult and contentious aspects of divorce without going to court. Through this process, couples can come to mutually acceptable agreements regarding matters like child custody and asset division. To ensure successful outcomes from collaborative law proceedings, both parties must be willing to negotiate in good faith. We can evaluate whether this approach makes sense for you and advocate for you throughout the process.
- Family law arbitration. An arbitrator is a neutral third party who serves as a judge and listens to each party’s accounts of the dispute before making a decision. The arbitrator can take into account any evidence presented by both parties, including financial documents, statements from witnesses or experts, and other relevant information. The arbitrator’s decision is legally binding on both sides and can be enforced in court if necessary. Family law arbitration offers several potential advantages over going to court. It is often cheaper than going through litigation, it tends to be faster since it does not involve lengthy court proceedings, and it provides more privacy than going in front of a judge in open court.
“Pure honest quality of his profession!”- Elijah S.
“I could not recommend them enough and will be using them for the future in obtaining other visas.”- Brittany S.
“Fahd is spectacular at what he does and he will provide the best legal counsel”- Susana C.
“Their team was highly professional, knowledgeable, and responsive throughout the entire process”- Umer K.
“Haque legal are highly professional, informative and cooperative.”- Zubair A.
“This is a very knowledgeable, hard-working, and patient attorney.”- Jose
“Kind, Courteous, Respectful, Intelligent, Honest, and Morally Ethical. Affordable”- Gary K.
“They will help you navigate the complexities of the immigration process with ease.”- Edder F.
Founded by Fahd Haque, he understands how challenging life can be with a legal matter. And so, Haque Legal provides aggressive representation with compassion, attention, and results.
WE ARE EXPERIENCED LITIGATORS
In some cases, non-trial alternatives may not be practical. If going to court is the only path forward, we are ready to fight to protect your interests. Our firm has successfully resolved hundreds of family law cases through litigation and will put our experience to work for you.
If your family law case goes to court, we will assist you with:
- Filing all pleadings and responses
- Responding to requests for information
- Gathering evidence to present at trial
- Inventorying your assets and liabilities
- Deposing and cross-examining witnesses
- And more
IS MICHIGAN A NO-FAULT DIVORCE STATE?
Michigan is a no-fault divorce state, meaning you do not have a specific reason to start divorce proceedings beyond “irreconcilable differences.” Unlike some states, you also do not have to go through counseling before filing for divorce. However, a judge will consider misconduct like neglect or abuse when making decisions in a divorce case.
You do not need your spouse’s permission or consent to start divorce proceedings. One of our Dearborn family law attorneys can start the legal process and serve your spouse on your behalf, after which they will have 21 days to respond.
WHO PAYS THE LEGAL FEES IN A FAMILY LAW CASE?
Legal fees can be handled in one of several ways in Michigan. If you are concerned about how you will cover attorney’s fees as you prepare to file for divorce, you can sometimes request that your spouse pay them. You will need to prove you are unable to pay the legal fees yourself and that your spouse has the financial resources to cover them. Alternatively, you can establish that you incurred legal fees because your spouse failed to comply with divorce proceedings despite having the ability to comply. Finally, a spouse can be ordered to pay legal fees if the divorce is the result of bad conduct like abuse or neglect. We can help you explore your options for covering legal fees.