Skip to Content
Naturalization & Citizenship

Michigan Naturalization Attorneys

Citizenship Attorneys Serving Southfield, Dearborn, Warren, and Detroit

For many immigrants, becoming a U.S. citizen is the ultimate goal. Naturalization is the legal process through which a lawful permanent resident (a green card holder) can obtain citizenship. 

At Haque Legal, we want to help you achieve your American Dream of becoming a United States citizen. We recognize this journey can be a long one, but our Michigan naturalization lawyers are prepared to help lawful permanent residents throughout each stage of this process. We have a complete understanding of the eligibility requirements for naturalization as well as what United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) looks for when processing applications. Our team can help prepare your application materials, represent you in communications with USCIS, and work to help you overcome any obstacles that may arise. 

If you are interested in becoming a U.S. citizen and believe you may qualify, call (248) 988-9625 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. Se habla español.

Why Hire Us?


    In every case, we take on, our priority is always to exceed your needs and expectations. We look at the big picture, so we can achieve the highest level of client satisfaction and client results possible.


    Because we choose to work as a team, our clients benefit from our deep-rooted connections within the community and the strength of our networking power.


    We are committed to the community that we serve and are always finding new ways to get involved and partner with nonprofits within Michigan.


  • Single-Vehicle Accident
    $1,300,000 Single-Vehicle Accident

    The client lost control of their vehicle and crashed into a tree. As a result, they suffered a traumatic brain injury, herniated discs, lost wages, attendant care, replacement services, and ongoing case management.

  • Multiple Catastrophic Injuries
    $1,000,000 Multiple Catastrophic Injuries

    The client suffered a brain injury, spinal disc injuries requiring surgery, knee replacement, severe and permanent disfigurement.

  • Car Accident
    $650,000 Car Accident

    A hit-and-run driver rear-ended the client. The client needed two spinal surgeries, post-operative physical therapy, injections, lost wages, and attendant care.


If there are no issues with your initial application, USCIS will schedule an in-person interview at a local field office. During this interview, you will be asked to complete a two-part exam. You must pass both components of the test to become a U.S. citizen.

The first portion of the test will evaluate your ability to speak, read, and write in the English language. The interview with a USCIS officer will be conducted in English, so you must be able to answer their questions about your application and eligibility. Then, they will present you with three sentences written in English. You must accurately speak one of the three presented sentences aloud. The writing component is similar: The officer will speak three sentences aloud in English, and you must accurately write one of them down.  

The second half of the exam tests your familiarity with basic U.S. history and government. You will be given six questions and must answer at least ten of them correctly. The questions come from a pool of 100 possible questions that you can study in advance. 

While this test may seem stressful, it is not designed to be especially difficult. Plus, if you do not pass any part of it, you will get a second chance to try again. Our Michigan naturalization lawyers can offer comprehensive preparation materials and help you effectively study. 

If the USCIS officer is satisfied with your interview responses and you pass all components of the test, they will approve your application. USCIS will then schedule your Oath of Allegiance ceremony, which is where you will officially become a U.S. citizen. 

Continue Reading Read Less


You may already be aware that only lawful permanent residents – non-citizens with green cards – can potentially qualify for naturalization. The reality is that you cannot immediately apply for citizenship after getting your green card, whether you obtain yourvisa through marriage, employment, or investment. 

Lawful permanent residents must wait a certain number of years before they can apply for naturalization. If you got your green card through marriage to a United States citizen, you must wait a minimum of three years before starting the process, and you must have physically lived in the United States for at least 18 months of those three years. If you obtained your green card through almost any other means (including employment), you must wait at least five years and have lived in the U.S. for at least 30 months of those five years.

Beyond completing the mandatory waiting period, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for citizenship:

Continue Reading Read Less

    "He is truly knowledgeable, skilled and has empathy throughout the process"

    - Karla C.


The benefits of U.S. citizenship are numerous. As a naturalized citizen, you cannot be deported for any reason. You will no longer have to communicate with USCIS when you move or worry about renewing visas. 

You will gain the right to vote, obtain federal benefits, and run for public office. You can get a U.S. passport and freely travel abroad. Even better, you can now sponsor immediate relatives for green cards, making it easier for you to bring your family to the country. 

At Haque Legal, your success is our success, which is why we go the extra mile when advocating for you throughout the naturalization process. Call (248) 988-9625 or contact us online to discuss your options for becoming a U.S. citizen today.

Continue Reading Read Less


Contact Our Legal Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy