Whether you want to believe it or not, there are some places that are just more prone to being the site of car accidents than others. However, the reason for this may be because of urban planning or because of the elements that are present in that place.
With that, this article aims to provide information on some of the most dangerous intersections in Michigan and what you should do to prevent car accidents when driving in that area.
If you are involved in a car wreck at one of these intersections, be sure to get into contact with one of our Southfield car accident lawyers today.
The Most Dangerous Intersections In Michigan
From Fox 2 Detroit, the following are the most dangerous intersections in Michigan.
- 18 1/2 Mile Rd @ Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights – 131 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- 11 Mile Rd/I-696 @ Van Dyke Ave, Warren – 124 Total Crashes, 33 Injuries
- US-131 @ Wealthy St, Grand Rapids – 114 Total Crashes, 23 Injuries
- Martin Pkwy @ Pontiac Trail, Commerce Twp – 110 Total Crashes, 4 Injuries
- Schoolcraft Rd @ Telegraph Rd, Redford Twp – 108 Total Crashes, 27 Injuries
- Burton St SW @ US-131, Grand Rapids – 89 Total Crashes, 23 Injuries
- Orchard Lake Rd @ 14 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills – 89 Total Crashes, 11 Injuries
- 12 Mile Rd @ I-94, Roseville – 88 Total Crashes, 31 Injuries
- Telegraph Rd @ 12 Mile Rd, Southfield – 88 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
- Conner St @ I-94, Detroit – 79 Total Crashes, 21 Injuries
- Southfield Rd @ W 11 Mile Rd, Lathrup Village – 70 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- 10 Mile Rd @ I-94, S.t Clair Shores – 70 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
- Middlebelt Rd @ Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia – 69 Total Crashes, 16 Injuries
- State Rd @ Ellsworth Rd, Ann Arbor – 69 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
- Joy Rd @ M 39, Detroit – 68 Total Crashes, 28 Injuries
- Ford Rd @ Haggerty Rd, Canton Twp – 68 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
- Metropolitan Pkwy @ Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights – 68 Total Crashes, 8 Injuries
- Hall Rd @ Schoenherr Rd, Sterling Heights – 67 Total Crashes, 17 Injuries
- 28th St SE @ Division Ave, Grand Rapids – 66 Total Crashes, 17 Injuries
- Hall Rd @ Romeo Plank Rd, Clinton Twp – 64 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
What should you do when the intersection is on the list?
Pay Special Attention to Your Surroundings
The first thing that you have to do is to know the places that you have to be very careful of. There are a lot of problems that occur when people do not know and just feel like they are driving. Unfamiliar drivers are more prone to attention deficits such as looking at their smartphone devices for directions instead of traffic ahead. What ends up happening is the negligent driver either drive unknowingly into an intersection or rear-end cars stopped for traffic ahead.
Know the intersection when you are approaching them.
Memorizing the list is one thing, but being aware of the situation at every intersection and knowing what to do when you are approaching one it is another. Make sure that you are observing your surroundings. Keep adequate space with the vehicle in front, or move to another lane to avoid a rear-end collision. At all times, you should be giving the road and other drivers your full attention when you are driving through the intersection.
Avoid being distracted when you are going through the intersection.
As much as possible, you should avoid distractions when you are going through the intersection. When driving anywhere, you should keep your focus and attention on the intersection and never lose sight of the road. Put your cell phone down, stop daydreaming out the window, or attempt to multitask in any way. When you’re behind the wheel, that should be your main focus, or else it could result in the personal injury or even death of yourself or another innocent driver.
If your loved one lost their life recently in a car accident, please reach out to our Southfield wrongful death attorneys to help with your place.
Always Keep Your Safety Gear On
Seat belts save lives. Whatever you do when you are in the most dangerous intersections in Michigan, you should always keep your seat belt on. Make sure that you are alert and ready for any defensive driving or evasive maneuvers in case there is someone else who is not alert and who needs more attention.
Accidents happen when one person fails to pay attention to the road but it may be avoided if you are focused 100% on what is around you.
Seek Professional Help If Needed n
If you are a victim of an intersection accident, be sure to contact a Southfield personal injury lawyer to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us for your free consultation or call (248) -191-5017.
The post An Update on the Most Dangerous Intersections in Michigan appeared first on Haque Legal.