Spinal cord injuries are very serious. Generally, your spine has four sections. When injured, each section affects a different area of your body. These parts of the spine and the injuries that can occur are:
- Cervical: If you injure your cervical spine, the injury can affect the movement and use of your arms and legs.
- Thoracic: injuries to the thoracic area of the spine can affect your chest and legs.
- Lumbar: if you injure the lumbar part of your spine, your ribs, hips, and pelvis can be affected.
- Sacral: Sacral area injuries affect the function of your hips and legs.
A spinal cord injury can be a complete spinal cord injury or an incomplete spinal cord injury.
- A complete spinal cord injury causes permanent damage to the area of the spinal cord that is affected. This can turn the injured person into a paraplegia or tetraplegia.
- An incomplete spinal cord injury refers to partial damage to the spinal cord. The person injured still has the chance to move his body and carry on, outcomes are based on a patient’s health and medical history.
Spinal cord injuries are expensive and can cause serious financial hardship. Cervical spine paraplegia can cost someone up to $1,000,000 for the first year of care! Furthermore, if you injure the lower area of your spine, you could be looking at around $769,000 in medical expenses.
In the coming personal injury articles, we will discuss handling spinal cord injuries in Michigan and facts you need to learn about it.
Why Use A Southfield Spinal Cord Injury Attorney From Haque Legal
Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation we tell you everything that you need to know about your case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with the filing of your case.
The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have a personal injury case and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it, especially in terms of the expenses.
We have negotiated over $25,000,000 in settlement and court awards for our clients. Our Southfield personal injury lawyers work tirelessly to meet your needs. Our wealth of knowledge and experience of the Michigan Court System will help you fiercely.
Our Southfield injury attorneys will fiercely advocate on your behalf in court if necessary. You can rest easy knowing that Haque Legal uses a time-effective and team-oriented approach, meaning our experienced personal injury lawyers collaborate together on your case, providing you with the legal help your particular case needs.
The post Handling Spinal Cord Injuries in Michigan appeared first on Haque Legal.