There are a couple of things that you should know in case you get into an accident and you get injured. While no one wants to fall victim to an injury, every person still needs to know their rights and what they should do if they get injured.
Let us provide you with a quick list of the things you should know:
When can you sue?
- You have 1 YEAR to apply for No-Fault benefits.
- You have 3 YEARS to sue for pain and suffering.
What should you do?
- As a victim, you must show impairment of their body function.
- You should have the presence of mind to document all personal injuries. This would include minor injuries and delayed injuries that may show later on.
- Seek prompt medical attention for ALL injuries. Do not skip any medical checkups and make sure that everything you have is documented.
- Don’t hide information and always tell the truth so you will not lose your right to sue.
- Expect surveillance, either from your insurance or the insurance of the person at fault.
What should you watch out for?
- If you misrepresent, you lose your “right to sue.” All of the evidence that you would represent would not be admitted in case.
- An uninsured vehicle is costly, as we have said in previous articles. Hence, you should never ride an uninsured vehicle.
In the coming articles, we will be providing you again with some facts on what happens when you sue in a car accident in Michigan.
Get Proper Coverage
In case of doubt, keep in mind that it is your no-fault insurance provider who would ultimately pay for your medical bills. As long as you get unlimited or no-limit coverage, you should be properly covered at a time when you need the best kind of coverage for your health and safety.
Contact Your Lawyer Today
If you have an insurance claim that you need assistance with, you should contact us today. A lawyer can help you get started with your claim. A lawyer at Haque Legal will see to it that your needs are met from the beginning to the end of the proceedings. You are always in good hands with Haque Legal and what it has to offer. You are in the right hands with Southfield Car Accident Lawyer Haque Legal.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out
If you are having trouble filing an insurance claim, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.
The post <strong>Quick Checklist in Case You Get Injured in a Car Accident and Wants To Sue</strong> appeared first on Haque Legal.