Skip to Content

Getting the B-1 and B-2 Visa in the United States 


One of the non-immigrant visas in the United States is in the form of the B-1 Visa. As we have previously discussed in another article, this includes the following:

  • Athletes, amateur and professional (competing for prize money only)
  • Business visitors
  • Domestic employees or nannies (must be accompanying a foreign national employer)

On the other hand, the B-2 visa includes the following:

  • Tourism, vacation, and pleasure visitors
  • Visitors for medical treatment

With that, what is the specific information that you should know about when it comes to getting the B-1 visa in the United States? Here at Haque Legal, it is our goal to provide you with as much information as we can on getting the B-1 and B-2 Visa in the United States. Let us begin.

General Information

Generally, a non-citizen of the United States who wishes to enter the territory of the United States must first obtain a visa. The Visa is the key towards entry to the United States. If you are visiting for purposes of just visiting, you can get a business visa under B-1 category or a tourism visa under B-2 category.

What can you do in the United States to apply for a B-1 visa?

The following are some of the tasks that you may aim to do in the United States with the B-1 visa:

  • Consult with your business associates – if you are doing business in the United States and you need to consult with the business associates or potential business associates, you can do so with the B-1 visa;
  • Attend a convention, conference, or sporting activity – if you are planning on attending a convention or a sporting activity, you can use the B-1 visa to be allowed entry in the United States. 
  • Settle an estate – if you have a relative who left you with some property in the United States or you have any other means of settling an estate, you can do so with the B-1 visa. This has a specific set of requirements that you must comply with.

What can you do in the United States to apply for a B-2 visa?

A B-2 visa is another visa under the Visitor VISA category. If you are looking to get into the United States using a B-2 visa, you can do so when your travel goal is any of the following activities:

  • Tourism – if you are planning on taking a tour in the United States, just to see the sights or even a historical tour, you can apply for a B-2 visa.
  • Vacation (holiday) – if you are planning to take on a vacation, you can do so with the B-2 visa. 
  • Visit with friends or relatives – if you have family and other relatives in the United States that you want to visit, you can also apply for a B-2 visa. This is the visa category that you should apply for when you are visiting and not planning to migrate to the United States after the visit. 
  • Medical treatment – if you are also planning on getting medical treatment, it is the B-2 visa that you should apply for. 
  • Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations as well amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests – if you are planning on joining a social event or an event that can is social in nature or that covers amateur activities, you can apply for a United States visitor visa in this category.

This is a very specific list of activities that you can do under the B-2 visa. 

If you are planning on doing other activities, it is better to apply under a different category or you may get blacklisted and deported from the United States. 

Haque Legal is Here To Help

We have been around. We have handled hundreds of cases on immigration. We can help you get your visa and work your way around getting that citizenship that you deserve. Haque Legal is here and you can find that the best kind of experience for you is to hire our law firm.

Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation we tell you everything that you need to know about your immigration case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with it.

The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have concerns about your immigration and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it especially in terms of the expenses.

Let Haque Legal Help You With Your Case

If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs. 

Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and the full extent of justice will be used.


The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.

Let us help you out

If you need a Southfield immigration lawyer to help you during your proceedings, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.

The post Getting the B-1 and B-2 Visa in the United States  appeared first on Haque Legal.

Share To:


Contact Our Legal Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy