Skip to Content

Questions You May Be Afraid To Ask Relating To B-1 and B-2 US Visa Category


You may have some questions about the B-1 and B-2 US Visa category that you want to ask your lawyer. Here are some of the common questions and we have collated them for you here.

image of covid test

How do I know if I apply to a B-1 US Visa Category or a B-2 Visa Category?

According to the US government website, the following the are simple facts to note to determine which category applies to you:

  • B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract. 
  • B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.

Can I enter the United States under a Visitor Visa without applying for a Visa?

Generally, you need a VISA to get your foot in the door before the Border and Customs Protection officers assess whether you are fit to step foot in the United States. However, in some cases, your country may be eligible for the VISA Waiver Program.

The VISA Waiver Program is a program of immigration and tourism that allows certain countries to enter the United States without a VISA. How do you qualify for the program? You can find the answer in another article here.

Can I extend my stay in the United States under a Visitor Visa without applying for a new Visa?

Generally, you need to apply for a VISA or get some expert to help you extend your stay. This is where Haque Legal can help you out. Keep in mind that the failure to depart the United States on time may result in you being out of status. 

Under the United States law, when you are out of status, your VISA is void and you are already considered as an illegal alien in the United States.

To help you out in the process, you may contact us and let us help you deal with your extension and make it legally possible.

What if I am pregnant and give birth in the United States under a Visitor Visa?

If you get pregnant and give birth in the United States, your country of origin citizenship rules will apply.

By January 23, 2020 the United States rules on immigration provided that effective January 24, the following rules shall apply:

“the Department is amending its B nonimmigrant visa regulation to address birth tourism.  Under this amended regulation, U.S. consular officers overseas will deny any B visa application from an applicant whom the consular officer has reason to believe is traveling for the primary purpose of giving birth in the United States to obtain U.S. citizenship for their child”

This means that United States offices in other countries are now given a lot of strict measures to prevent birth tourism.

Haque Legal is Here To Help

We have been around. We have handled hundreds of cases on immigration. We can help you get your visa and work your way around getting that citizenship that you deserve. Haque Legal is here and you can find that the best kind of experience for you is to hire our law firm.

Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation we tell you everything that you need to know about your immigration case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with it.

The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have concerns about your immigration and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it especially in terms of the expenses.

Let Haque Legal Help You With Your Case

If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs. 

Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and the full extent of justice will be used.


The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.

Let us help you out

If you need a Southfield immigration lawyer to help you during your proceedings, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.

The post Questions You May Be Afraid To Ask Relating To B-1 and B-2 US Visa Category appeared first on Haque Legal.

Share To:


Contact Our Legal Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy