If you are applying for citizenship in the United States, you will probably go through the new citizenship application interview process.
In this article, let us discuss the importance of the interview process for your citizenship application in the United States.
Reasons For The Interview
According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the following are the reasons why the interview process is important:
- There is a need to confirm the identity of the applicant;
- There is a need to validate the applicant’s immigration status;
- The applicant entered the United States without inspection, or there are other unresolved issues regarding the applicant’s manner of entry;
- There are known criminal inadmissibility or national security concerns that cannot be resolved at a service center;
- There are fraud concerns and the service center recommends an interview;
- The applicant’s fingerprints have been rejected twice;
- The applicant has a Class A medical condition that the service center cannot resolve through a Request for Evidence (RFE);
- The applicant answered “Yes” to any eligibility question on the adjustment application, and the service center cannot determine eligibility through an RFE; or
- The service center has not been able to obtain an applicant’s A-File, T-File, or receipt file (when the applicant has multiple files).
The following are the reasons that have been provided for by the USCIS in their website.
What is the advantage of the interview for my application?
On the part of the USCIS, we have discussed above why they need to get you to the interview process. On your end, the interview process is important because it allows you to explain some of your answers on your form to the USCIS officer.
In another article, we have discussed that the greater advantage is the fact that you can revisit your answer.
When there is a question that is hard to answer on your end for want of understanding, you may answer it incorrectly or improperly. Through the help of the interview process, the USCIS officer may discuss the question with you and explain why it has been asked. You can then provide an answer that is proper to the question.
What if I want to change my request at the time of the interview?
If you think that you made a mistake and you may have a better chance of getting the benefit with a different kind of visa application, the interview time is not the time for you to do so.
As we have discussed in another article, the interview process is almost the end of the naturalization application. Hence, it is important that you just go through the process and do your best to show that you are qualified for the benefit during the interview.
Haque Legal is Here To Help
We have been around. We have handled hundreds of cases on immigration. We can help you get your visa and work your way around getting that citizenship that you deserve. Haque Legal is here and you can find that the best kind of experience for you is to hire our law firm.
Here at Haque Legal, we always have your back. Make sure that on your first free consultation we tell you everything that you need to know about your immigration case as well as the cost and the expenses that would be associated with it.
The consultation is free for the first time because we understand that you need to at least have that guidance coming from a reputable law firm and lawyer to assess your case. If you have concerns about your immigration and you need a lawyer to handle it you can always contact our law firm and we can talk about your situation and the best way that we can handle it especially in terms of the expenses.
Let Haque Legal Help You With Your Case
If you require a lawyer who can assist you with ensuring that you protect your rights, it is important to know that you also have a team that can help you out with your specific needs.
Our law firm is dedicated to making sure that those who are innocent will be protected by the law and the full extent of justice will be used.
The article that you have read is based on general applications of the law. It is not legal advice and it is not to be construed as any legal consultation with the firm. No client-attorney relationship is created when you read the articles we have provided.
Let us help you out
If you need a Southfield immigration lawyer to help you during your proceedings, call us immediately. If you have any problem with the law or are seeking justice and truth, our numbers are standing by to take your call.